The Chuis' Wedding Cake!

November 25, 2013


When my friends asked if I would bake their wedding cake, I was so excited that I could bless them in my favorite way! They began dating freshmen year of college, and they were both in my small group. They both taught, encouraged, and inspired me greatly with the maturity of their faith and their genuine love for Christ.

After hastily agreeing to make the cake, however, I realized I had no idea how to make a wedding cake. With the help of a couple youtube videos and tips from my friend Janny, I felt less intimidated. I realized that it's not so difficult, it just takes just many, many steps. 
  1. Make cake batter and bake. Cool, and slice into multiple layers.
  2. Make a lot of frosting.
  3. Frost the cake/cake forms (styrofoam) with a crumb coat (pictured above). Frost completely. Cool in the fridge overnight.

4. Knead and roll out fondant. Cover each layer in fondant (above). Smooth out fondant.
5. Stick dowels (or ghetto..I mean resourceful, skewers!) through the bottom two layers.
6. Tape the bottom tier cake form to the cake stand.


7. Wrap ribbon around the bottom of the tiers. To keep frosting from staining through the ribbon, I placed double sided tape behind the ribbon and then adhered that to the cake with frosting.

The finished cake!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Real Time Analytics