Spidey cakes!

August 07, 2013

I've never cared much about how desserts looked, as long as they tasted good. But baking for Cake4Kids makes me want to learn how to decorate, because the design of the cake is the first thing the child sees and likely remembers. It can really make a child feel special, excited, and loved, even if just for a moment, and that is worth it! 

So this was my first delivery ever, pre- caring about aesthetics: the ugliest Spiderman-themed brownies. It looked so horrible but I didn't have time to bake new ones, so I ended up printing out pictures of Spiderman and gluing them all over the box. I ran away after dropping them off to avoid seeing his reaction when he looked inside.

A few months later, I got another request for a Spiderman cake. I don't know why I signed up for it after being traumatized by the last failure, but I'm glad that God is teaching me to put more care and time into it, and really considering the child throughout the process. The second try was far from perfect but turned out so much better than expected.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this post is hilarious. great improvement, tiff!!! the second cake looks really great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Real Time Analytics